Sunday, March 20, 2011

Another Vote for Quinoa!!


A hot topic in "Sewing Club" lately, has been quinoa. If I'm not mistaken, Jessica was the first one to make it, and talked a lot about how good it was. It has started a snowball since then. Everybody has been making dinners with it. If you haven't heard of it, it serves a lot of the same purposes as rice, but it's a protein. At least, that's how I've heard it described. I have been wanting to try it, and finally did tonight. I LOVE IT!! Matt said that he likes it too, although, he said if I had made it without all the hype made by my friends, he probably wouldn't really have given it a chance. I have to admit, I probably would've been the same way. We just aren't good at going out on our own and trying new things. I'm so glad I was curious enough to try this though. It's delicious, and so much healthier than a lot of options like it.

I cooked okra, tomatoes and garlic together in a pan. Matt couldn't believe I used tomatoes. I guess I'm growing up a little bit! One night last week, I bought one of those rotisserie chickens you can get at the grocery store. We still had a lot left over from that, so I mixed the chicken with the veges and put it on top of the quinoa. YUM!!

Case kept picking around the quinoa. He was eating the chicken, and putting the veges on my plate. I finally convinced him to at least try the quinoa. He put a spoonful in his mouth, held up his fist and said in a deep voice, "NICE". Ha! Hey, whatever works!

No comments:

Post a Comment